Friday, August 5, 2011

Driving to Rapid City minus a door - better call Triple-A for trip planning


Last night I had a dream - really, it was in those later hours of sleep, now that I think of it - just before it started to get light - I recall now, because I was so glad when I awakened and could see the gray light between the slats in the shutters . . . 
it was one of those dreams that just kind of follows you around all day, so I think if I write it down, it will just  go back to bed and leave me alone.
I was in the parking lot of a local grocery store, having bought some things to take along on my trip to Rapid City.  It seems that it was a Friday, late afternoon - I went to my car to open the door and it came off the hinges and came down with a clunk. My goodness, why did it do that?
While musing over this development and what effect this would have on my driving to Rapid City, a man in a Jeep in the next row over waved at me while he was talking on his cell phone . . . he finished his conversation and then told me I could take my car to the dealer, that they had to take care of that kind of thing, it would be covered under some kind of warranty, which somewhat amazed me as this was a rather old car (the car in my dream was a car which I have not seen in many years, my good old 1968 Willow Green Mercury Cougar).
Well, I began to contemplate whether I should delay my trip or just go ahead and start my drive to Rapid City, without the door attached (maybe I could put it in the back seat and put it on when I got to Rapid City) . . . but then I awakened just as I was getting all that figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment