Friday, April 15, 2011

Did you cut your bangs again, Suejeanne?

Perhaps it is that middle child thing, quietly going about one’s business and trying to get something accomplished unobtrusively but, occasionally, not quite pulling it off and becoming an object of speculation, anathema to a shy person . . .
 
thus, life lessons are learned early, such as never cut your own bangs . . .

and so most shy people make this mistake just once, when they are about five years old (or even as young as two years old, if they ask for an older sibling’s help so as not to bother Mom).

I thought I had already been down that road, long ago . . . but a week ago, after I had my new haircut, it seemed my bangs were still too long; finally, a few days later, I decided to just go ahead and take a little bit off; mm – maybe a little more.

My mother (who is still quite a scrutinizer) did not seem to notice at first but she was doing her crossword puzzle; finally, she looked up and gasped.

The odd thing is this – that was on Monday – now they seem to be shrinking on their own.

Mother asked me if I cut them some more last night – perhaps I got up in the middle of the night and do not recall. I looked around the bathroom sink for clues but found none. 

I will see how they are tomorrow morning. I am up right now, writing this and so hope to impress the seriousness of this on my mind before I go to sleep, in case I actually have anything to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment